Based in Heidelberg, Germany
January 1, 2014
Press / Business contact:
+49 (171) 336 36 75
Walk in VR, using your own feet, even in small limited play spaces, and experience a new level of immersion. Using impossible spaces, redirected walking and procedural level generation to adapt to each player’s available space, traVRsal delivers unique exciting experiences that allow for true natural walking. Changing the world around the player without them noticing tricks the brain into believing that indeed the play space is much bigger than it really is.
Existing artificial methods of VR locomotion like teleportation, smooth locomotion, arm swinging, body attachments, thread mills etc. all break immersion as they all do not have a true counterpart in real life. Walking in traVRsal is natural. And in this simplicity, truly astonishing..Early-Access
To gather early feedback by players, traVRsal was launched on SideQuest on 12. October 2020 (and as formerly known Out Or Dead in February 2020) and very well received. It is available for Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift.Early-Access Phase 2
After multiple months of polishing and many world editor enhancements the App Lab version was launched on 11. June 2021. It includes now also the first two worlds created by the community, providing a great showcase of what can be achieved without any prior development and Unity knowledge. As of now, there have been over 50k installations and 140+ reviews (4.8 out of 5).
- Move naturally through the virtual world and try to find the exit
- No teleportation, arm swinging, thread-mills or other means of artifical locomotion
- Solve puzzles, evade traps, collect, shoot enemies and more
- Surprise your friends with a custom-made gallery
- Challenge other players to beat your run, in accuracy, time etc.
- Become the best in each world by beating existing challenges
- Create and share your own worlds with an easy and powerful Unity SDK
- Feel the world around you with bHaptics devices
- Play in areas as small as 1.48 by 1.48 meters (4.9 by 4.9 feet)
- Adapting to your available space, with more room the worlds will also grow bigger
- No world, puzzle and order is ever the same, allowing for unlimited play-throughs
- Regular enhancements to the existing worlds and the world builder
Game Review YouTube
There are far more images available for traVRsal, but these are the ones I felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact me!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Top 5 Room Scale Locomotion VR Experiences" - VR Trend Magazine #2, 8 January 2021
- "I've played plenty of VR in the last few years and this was right up there with the best experiences I've had. Literally walking around is such a game changer and drastically improves immersion for me."
- ozzeruk82, Apr. 2020, Discord
- "Amazing! I've never seen anything like this before in VR. This is a must have! This is one of those experiences where we need to show it to all of our friends."
- Josenildo, 22 Oct. 2020, SideQuest
The central entry page for players and world creators www.travrsal.com.